Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fresh Peach Salsa

Hello,

In case any of you are interested, I thought to share a good salsa recipe that I came across recently. I was able to use some tomatoes that we took off of someone's hands. Peaches are inexpensive right now, too. And the best part is that a 1/4-cup serving of this salsa is only 20 calories.

Fresh Peach Salsa
4 med peaches, peeled & pitted
2 lrg tomatoes, cut into wedges & seeded
1/2 sweet onion, cut into wedges
1/2 c fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
4 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp lime juice
1/4 tsp black pepper

In a food processor, combine the first 5 ingredients; cover & pulse till coarsely chopped. Add the chilies, vinegar, lime juice and black pepper; cover and pulse just till blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; chill till serving. Serve with chips.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

JaNae said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Thanks Brooke! We loved it at the reunion...so glad we can make it now :)

Jackie said...

I just got back from vacation--and your peach salsa sounds wonderful. I have lots of tomatoes from my garden right now--so I can put them to good use. Thanks for the recipe!