I am Lynda Jeanne McBride Snapp. I was born and grew up in Rupert Idaho the oldest of 2 girls and 2 boys. I have lived in in Utah while acquiring a degree in Microbiology and then while supporting my husband in his college. Then we moved to Indiana and 10 years later to Illinois where we have lived for 30 years. I have 6 children: 2 sons in Portland, OR, Terry with 8 children and Gary, daughter Sally in AZ with 3 children, daughter Melanie in TX with 4 children, daughter Heidi, in PA and thankfully closer to me, daughter Shelley, in Plainfield with 4 children. I have one granddaughter just home from a mission in Peru, one granddaughter leaving for a mission in Taiwan and one grandson leaving for a mission in Brazil. I like Thai food, chocolate and raspberries. I enjoy most: being with family and seeing their progress, traveling to visit family (almost monthly), serving with my husband in the Naperville Stake YSA Ward, making quilts and reading., The dream I have had for some time just came true last month. We traveled to Israel and Jordan with an LDS group from the Naperville area for 11 days and had the most wonderful experiences I could ever imagine actually being there in all the historically significant locations of our Savior's life. Being in Jerusalem and all around the Sea of Galilee down to the Dead Sea was so exciting. It was an amazing education and has had a lasting effect on my life. I feel so blessed.
Marie Barrios
What is your full name? Marie Elena Barrios (Prefer my maiden name Carrillo) but please don't tell my husband
Where were you born? I was born in Mexico and came to Chicago as a little girl - Where did you grow up? In Chicago
How many brothers and sisters do you have? 6 sisters, however 1 is deceased and 4 brothers and 1 is deceased
Where do you fit in? I'm in the middle of all my siblings
If you have children, how many? I have two daughters, Karina who is almost 18 and is a Senior in High School and Erika 15 who is a Freshman in High School
What are some of the different places you have lived? California, Texas and most of my life in Illinois
Your favorite color? Pink
Your favorite food? Any type of Pasta
What are some things that you enjoy doing? Going for walks in the park or neighborhoods and enjoy looking at the pretty landscaping or flowers from neighbors
Share one of your most embarrassing moments. Tripped as I was walking staring at the neighbors pretty flowers
Share something about you that no one would know about? I was a terrific dancer as a teenager. I could be on "Dancing with the Stars" and probably would win (kidding)
Share a dream you have, something you would like to see or do some day. Would love to go to Italy
Name a book or movie that best describes your life. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" Just because a lot of the traditions in the movie are the same with my family
Who is your favorite Latter-day prophet and why? President Hinckley because he was the prophet when I was baptized
What type of car do you drive? Honda Pilot
If you are employed, where? Two jobs - Prudential Agricultural in Lisle, IL and a Real Estate office in Cicero, Illinois
Did you play sports/musical instruments/drama/other activities in school? Played softfall and basketball
What was your last out of state trip? Dallas Texas to visit my brother and his family
How long have you lived at your current address? 7 years
Kim Gunther
What is your full name?
Kimberly Christian Gunther
Where were you born?
St. George, UT
Where did you grow up?
St. George, UT
How many brothers and sisters do you have?
3 Brothers, 2 Sisters
Where do you fit in? Oldest/youngest?
Youngest!
If you have children, how many?
Jared - 35
Aliyah - 10
Zoey - 8
Moses - 5
Norah - 3
Isaac - 7months
What are some of the different places you have lived?
Boston, Utah, Israel, Illinois
Your favorite color?
Purple
Your favorite food?
Steak, watermelon, ice cream, cookies, chocolate..........
What are some things that you enjoy doing?
Sleeping and Exercising (not at the same time)
Share one of your most embarrassing moments.
When I was in college, I was working out at the Gym, running on the treadmill. There was a cute guy I liked who worked there. I was watching him out of the corner of my eye and tripped and fell off. He came over and asked if I was okay. I was SO embarrassed!
Share something about you that no one would know about?
I can do a back handspring and the splits
Share a dream you have, something you would like to see or do some day.
Travel the world!
Name a book or movie that best describes your life.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Who is your favorite Latter-day prophet and why?
Kimball, because he has "Kim" in his name
What type of car do you drive?
Yukon XL
Did you play sports/musical instruments/drama/other activities in school?
Soccer, Track, flute, gymnastics (wanna be cheerleader)
What was your last out of state trip?
Dual family reunions in Utah
How long have you lived at your current address?
1 1/2 years. 10 in the ward.

No comments:
Post a Comment