Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thai Chicken Curry Luncheon by Suparn

Wow, talk about AMAZING!! Now DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER...I'm just giving the recipe...and by no means do I promise it will turn out as fantastic as Suparns! I highly recommend making a large pot (8 servings) or even double the recipe and freeze what is left over for another time!
Here it goes...

Ingredients needed (8 servings):
*Serve on top with Rice

6 chicken breasts
Green Curry Paste (Mae Ploy brand, picture seen below)...purchase at H Mart
Coconut milk (ex: Chaokoh brand, picture seen below)...purchase at WalMart in Asian food section or H Mart
Canola Oil
salt
sugar
fresh basil leaves
your choice of vegetable (ex: peas, carrots, pea pods, green beans)




To make past, add 1/4 cup of green curry paste and 2 big spoonfuls of canola oil to bottom of pot, stir togeter with heat up high (bring to boil, then turn down quickly)
*At this point you can saute raw chicken in the curry paste, or just add pre-cooked chicken.

After stir frying or adding chicken, add 2-3 cans of coconut milk(I added 3 cans for an 8 serving pot)...and for every can of coconut milk, add 3/4 cups of water to pot. Stir together. Bring to boil.

After bringing to boil, turn heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon of salt and 1/4 cup of sugar and stir. Then add your choice of vegetable to pot ( I added 1 bag of frozen peas...delicious!) When peas or vegetable is cooked, top with fresh basil leaves (do not stir, leave on top.)

Enjoy! Thank you Suparn! Isn't she so cute?!

Chicken Saute with peanut sauce and pad thai, wontons, etc...recipies coming soon! This was an absolute blast!



1 comment:

hulamama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.