Saturday, December 11, 2010
Letter From Sister Doll...Missionary Christmas
Hi Tami ... today we had our first of four Christmas Zone Conferences and I wanted to give you a little report. First off, I need to say, I was sooooo overwhelmed on Tuesday by the generosity of all of those who gave so much to our missionaries. I was really wanting to be sure it got spread around as much as possible, but also wanted to target those missionaries who we knew would not receive anything from home. Soooo, we ended up making 8 boxes for those who would be going without this Christmas, then made up gift envelopes (with gift cards) for about another 25 whose Christmas and funding in general we knew would be sparse. Lastly we used all of the wonderful grocery items to make a "Christmas store." Each missionary's name was put into a hat and their name drawn. They then got to go choose one item from the store. They loved the shopping aspect and were excited to see whose name would be drawn last to get the bar of soap. It was fun and everyone came away with something. We have plans to do the same for the other three zone conferences. The most touching moment was when one of our very non-emotional Elders came up with tears in his eyes to thank me for the love he felt from all who had contributed to his Christmas box. I was wishing you could have been a fly on the wall to see it. Thank you again for sharing some Christmas joy with our missionaries! With love ... Sister Doll ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment