
Many of you guys have asked me for pictures for this year's Halloween Gross Out dinner at the Keenan house. So here they are. You might not want to preview them on a full stomach. They are pretty, well...gross. I guess that is the whole idea. The kids always want me to top myself each year and it is hard to get more and more disgusting when you are already serving up body parts, toilet water, etc. The problem is that I spend a week cooking and planning and everyone is so disgusted, no one will eat it.
The first picture is our toilet bowl punch with floating stuff (tootsie rolls). Again, pretty gross and sort of embarrassing that I did this. I have hung around teenage boys for too long.

I sort of ran out of gas by the time I got to the bread. I had planned something better, but I ran out of time.

"Pond Sludge" was black beans and lots of sauted veggies with orzo to look like maggots. I added the body parts for a appetizing touch. Served with blue tortilla chips. This was actually pretty tasty.

My personal favorite! Amputated eyes and ears! The eyes were steamed, ground chicked and spices with a green olive iris. The ear were homemade pasta that I rolled out and formed in the shapes of ears and them boiled. They rested in spaghetti (blood) sauce.

"Hairy spider bites" were gray-dyed cream cheese and several shredded cheeses on a cracker.

"Gangrene eyeballs" were really roma tomates with pesto, fresh mozzeralla and olives.

"Atropied brain with blood sauce" was really cream cheese mixed with ranch dressing seasonings and topped with baby shrimp and cocktail sauce.

Amputated toes. Summer sausage rolled in tortillas and ketchup. These were the big (and only) hit with the kids.

The main course. Amputated hands with burned flesh. I molded meatloaf and grilled provolone cheese on top. Yummy!

"Eyeballs" made out of lychees and fresh blueberries.

Marshmallows dipped in butterscotch. Pretty icky.

Chocolate truffle spiders.

I know. This one is really gross. Even by our standards. It was truffles rolled in sprinkles on a bed of toilet paper. The kids gobbed them up. I passed on this particular delicacy.

This was crushed oreos and powdered sugar with candy "cigarettes." The kids sprinkled in on their ice cream. Looked pretty realistic.

This was the main dessert. It was molded (not moldy) brownies covered in buttercream icing, fresh raspberry puree, with white chocolte eyeballs and teeth, covered in chocolate fondant. It tasted pretty good but you had to do it with your eyes closed.
I hope I haven't grossed you out too much.
2 comments:
I Loved seeing this! Soooo great, and I don't know how you came up with all that stuff....pays to have teenage boys!
Thanks for posting photos! I constantly am amazed at your creativity! Your cake turned out fantastic!
Post a Comment